• Excelsior College (EC) LPN to RN ASN program is a degree granting distance education program. You test out of the required courses and take a clinical performance exam (CPNE) at the end.
EC is accredited by the NLN.
• Excelsior nursing degrees are not accepted in all states – Check your state’s Board of Nursing
• Indiana State University's LPN-BSN program may be accepted in your state even if ECs program is not. Their program is similar, but you do your clinicals close to home. Our study guides will work for the ISU curriculum, you really don't need to buy TCN modules!!
• ** You do not need The College Network to take either of the above programs!!
•The College Network, Rue, IStudySmart, Instacert and MyStudyGroup101 are ONLY PUBLISHING COMPANIES. They DO NOT grant degrees. EC provides free, downloadable course outlines to their students, as well as practice tests on their website (for a fee).
• Compare prices, reputations, recommendations from other students, and the age of the published materials you are considering purchasing. Some sellers on eBay may have a 100% feedback rating, but still sell study material that you can get free from some of the forums. They also state that their material is updated, but it is 5-6 years old (or older) and has never been revised. There is absolutely no reason you should pay for something that is otherwise free or pay hundreds or thousands of dollars when the material is available for much less.
• There are several reputable CPNE Workshops available – check the forums and ask other students about their recommendations.
• The waiting period for the CPNE can be 3-9 months.
• You might consider joining a few of the nursing distance learning forums such as allnurses.com and Yahoo groups freehelpexcelsiorstudents or nontradenurses. (Yahoo ID is required to join).
• CLEP & DSST exams are an excellent way to get college credit for some of your general education courses before you actually enroll at EC or ISU. These exams costs +/-$80 plus a proctor fee and can be administered at a local college. Check the company websites for courses and test sites
• Penn Foster College has an Information Literacy program that is accepted by EC for credit and costs less than half the price!
Excelsior College is an accredited institution with authority to grant degrees to students for satisfactory completion of academic programs.
MyStudyGroup101 is an independent enterprise in the business of providing study material to help its clients pass exams, and is not affiliated with Excelsior College, CLEP or DSST.